Fast facts on Acne – An extract from: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/107146.php
- Acne is a skin disease that involves the oil glands at the base of hair follicles;
- Acne commonly occurs during puberty;
- Acne is not dangerous, but can leave skin scars;
- Types of pimples include whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nobules, cysts;
- Approximately three-quarters of 11 to 30 year-olds will get acne at some time;
- Acne can affect people of all races and all ages;
- Experts believe the primary cause is a rise in androgen levels (hormone);
- A susceptibility to acne could also be genetic;
- Treatment for acne may depend on how severe and persistent it is; and
- Acne can be affected by the menstrual cycle, anxiety and stress, hot and humid climates, oil based makeup, greasy hair and pimple squeezing.
How The Summit Acne BeGone range of products can help you control and eradicate the effects of Acne without harmful artificial chemicals or drugs
We at The Summit believe there is a simple regime of skin care which can do this, and we have developed our Acne BeGone range of products to do just this. Our ingredients are pure, unadulterated botanicals grown in the lush, tropical, non-polluted islands of Vanuatu, and which are renowned in their own right for being exceptional for skin care. We have put them together into gentle, skin caressing combinations which are fearsome acne fighters, BUT we also firmly believe that there is no one magic potion in a pot that is easy to just dab onto your wounds a few times a day….. even if you remember to be vigilant. Vigilance and diligence are KEY in this battle we are entering together. We are here to help you make some personal skin care changes which should set you up for a life free from acne and other skin problems, but these changes cannot be hit and miss, they must become second nature in your skin care for the rest of your life, along with brushing your teeth or combing your hair. We at The Summit will be there with you every step of the way.
We cannot legally make any claims about the effectiveness of the key ingredients contained in our products, in their fight against acne. However, there is much literature on the internet, some of which we will quote for your ease of reference, but we do encourage you to make your own due diligence investigations into the claims being made about them. We do not have a team of chemists, nor do we believe we legally need them, to concoct our products because quite simply we do not use artificial chemicals. For our approach to common sense skincare products which we believed would be great for acne fighters, we put together pure synergistic botanical ingredients grown in Vanuatu, and we gave them to consenting and enthusiastic humans to trial.
We also believe a daily acne fighting regime needs to start from the top of the head – greasy hair does not make for a healthy attitude to healthy skin. Our Acne Freedom Fighters are:
- Skin & Hair Cleansing Oil
- Skin Hydrating Toner
- Skin Hydrating & Calming Balm
- Sandalwood Body Foam with Tamanu & Coconut OR
- Sandalwood Natural Soap with Tamanu & Coconut
On Demand Use:
For Emergency Use:
For Repairs & Maintenance Use:
How do our Key Ingredient Botanicals win the battle against Acne?
Key Ingredients – Our Points of Difference
1. Sandalwood – Oil, Water & Powder Forms- Soft woody fragrance with a calming and mind focusing scent. There are a number of skin care benefits:
• antioxidant properties, preventing cellular damage, a cause of aging and other skin problems;
• antibacterial properties that control the bacteria to prevent infections;
• anti-inflammatory properties, which are effective at soothing skin ailments such as acne, psoriasis and eczema;
• an excellent skin toner, leaving refreshed, firm skin;
3. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – Allows complete skin care when applied directly owing to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is extremely hydrating as it is readily absorbed by skin. Read more: http://www.just-health.net/Coconut-Oil-For-Face.html and https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/oils/coconut-oil-for-acne.html
4. Nangai Nut Oil – Delicate, highly emollient oil, effective at softening and soothing the skin.
5. Avocado Oil –Avocado oil is useful in the treatment of a variety of skin conditions, including eczema, acne and psoriasis.
6. Honey – Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it is great for acne treatment and prevention. It is extremely moisturising and soothing, so it helps create a glow in your skin. Its clarifying properties open your pores, making them easy to unclog and cleanse. Read more: https://alwayshealthyliving.com/honey-acne-treatment/
7. Tahitian Lime Oil – Uplifting and exotic citrus oil with antibacterial and skin toning qualities.
8. Theobroma Cacao Butter (Cocoa Butter) – It is one of the most stable, highly concentrated natural vegetable fats known, and melts at body temperature so that it is very readily absorbed into the skin.
Firstly, top quality ingredients, excellence in production techniques and quality control are so important. You quite literally get what you pay for in life and in skin care results. Sandalwood is a much sought after but endangered species, and hence, prices of its products reflect this critical shortage of supply. The best Tamanu Oil in the world comes from Vanuatu and then only from the tamanu trees that grow naturally by the seashore, and then only by using the cold process extraction method for the oil from the fruit – all of which we take advantage of in our oil. Then there is coconut oil and there is extra virgin coconut oil. Extra virgin coconut oil is the Queen of Coconut Oils, and we use only this highest quality coconut oil in our products. It is so special because it has not been subjected to any heat during its extraction process. This cold process technique means that none of its essential fatty acids and other goodness have been removed. This is so critical in effective skin care.
There is no substitute for best quality, pure and natural oils, and obviously they will cost more than the cheaper, adulterated variety. However, the money you pay for skin care is an investment in your future dreams of happiness and wellbeing, and the benefits can be numerous with visible results. However, for some, the treatment with our pure and natural products containing sandalwood and other oils may not produce any result at all, although the use of the products themselves will not be harmful because they are simple botanicals. In such cases, you will need to accept that a natural cure is not for you and you should then consult a dermatologist who will prescribe the appropriate medication.