After the sandalwood oil is removed, the remaining condensate is called the hydrosol (or hydrolate or floral water) and it contains many of the beneficial ingredients of the oil, but in a much diluted form. It makes an excellent refreshing, relaxing spray, which can be used as face and body mist, after shave and room freshener, and it is one of the ingredients in face masks or other beauty products you could make yourself.
Sandalwood hydrosol is both an anti inflammatory and anti bacterial agent, making an excellent skin care/skin cure product to firm and calm skin. The Summit body mists, aftershaves, soap, body cleansers and others utilise our wonderful sandalwood hydrosol.
The steam distillation technique used at The Summit gently passes steam through chipped sandalwood, vaporising the sandalwood oil. The steam is then condensed back to water distillate and oil. The lighter oil oil is drawn off and the remaining condensate water, known as hydrosol, remains.
The hydrosol contains tiny bubbles of the precious sandalwood oils together with the water soluble components of the wood.
You can use this as your natural facial wash most especially if you are trying to get treat your acne naturally.
According to Some Experts – Sandalwood Hydrosol has Therapeutic and Energetic Uses:
- Acts as a tonic for the immune system
- Effective for urinary tract infections
- Helps protect internal wounds and ulcers from infections if ingested
- Protects wounds, sores, boils, pimples etc. from infections and from getting septic when applied on the skin
- Balancing to the central nervous system and the skin
- Useful in treating acne, and useful in soothing a rash
- Mildly anti-inflammatory
- Combine with Helichrysum hydrosol for a mouthwash for gingivitis or post dental surgery
- Lifts depression
- Calms the nervous and circulatory systems
- Clears the energetic field
Our Mission is to share these common sense skin health secrets with the world, and at very affordable prices, thus we do not have mega millions for advertising. We believe in word of mouth, so if you love our products, please spread the word among your friends and relatives, or through your Facebook contacts. However, if for some reason, our products and customer services have disappointed you please do give us feedback, and do remember we offer a NO RISK TO YOU 100% Money Back Guarantee.