The Summit business was primarily established to create and market Fair-Trade, Eco-Friendly Skincare Products that are Sandalwood-Based & 100% Natural, inspired by tropical essential oils which grow in Vanuatu. We are committed to producing a top quality and consistent range of essential oils and fabulous health and body products. Freshly sourced botanicals are distilled at our “artisan” distillery in Port Vila where a strict quality assurance program is in place to insure an optimum product. Our range of health and skin care products are entirely based on ingredients available in Vanuatu’s islands.
Our enterprise has been developed to encourage greater opportunities for the Ni-Vanuatu people and our ongoing mission includes establishing small-holder sandalwood plantations and fruit and nut orchards. Our other activities include:
- Establishing and maintaining sandalwood plantations – Vanuatu sandalwood, Santalum austrocaledonicum, is a high quality species which has been traded for 200 years – as follows: -A large sandalwood plantation at The Summit with over 120,000 trees; -Contracts and joint ventures with Vanuatu farmers in the islands to supply sandalwood and to carry out new plantings of some 50,000 sandalwood trees each year on their own plantations;
- Supporting at a grassroots level smaller orchards and plantations of Tahitian limes, mandarins, grapefruit, tangerines, canarium and tamanu nuts, ylang ylang, ginger, turmeric, lemongrass, vetiver grass, coffee, vanilla and others;
- The Summit Essential Oils Distillery, our factory in Port Vila, where health, skin care and beauty products are made based on ingredients available on the islands of Tanna, Erromango, Efate and other islands in Vanuatu;
- The Summit Online Shop, where our customers can buy essential oils and sandalwood based products online;
- In using old, new and predominantly recycled materials, we support local talented craftspeople who design and produce our packaging and we consciously strive to achieve something different in a Vanuatu style.
Read the fascinating Summit story below or download and read later here.